MPs who claim food expenses


Could you please provide me with a list of MPs who claim food expenses?


IPSA holds the information that you request.

Under the Scheme of MPs’ Business Costs and Expenses (‘the Scheme’), travel and subsistence claims may be made for the costs of travel, and travel-related subsistence incurred by MPs or others, which are in support of the MP’s parliamentary functions.

The information that you have requested is already published on our website.

In the top right-hand corner, select the financial year you are interested in.

Then select the ‘individual claims’ spreadsheet from the drop-down menu, and download the spreadsheet.

When you have downloaded the spreadsheet, apply filters to the top line. Under column H, you will be able to filter out all claims by individual MPs for ‘food and drink’.

The FOIA states that information that is accessible by other means is not subject to release. Therefore, as the information you have requested is already available on our website, it is exempt from disclosure under section 21 of the FOIA (information accessible to applicant by other means).

This concludes our response to your request.

3 May 2019
Exemptions Applied: